CHA is over... another successful trade show. I'm working on figuring out how to download my photos from my phone to share. In the meantime I thought i'd share a project i've been working on for a while.
I've mentioned that we've been working on updating our home decor. One of my main goals of doing this is to reuse as many things as I possibly can. I just finished refinishing 10 frames that were previously various colors of brown wood tones.
I painted them all white with ordinary acrylic paint. Four coats later I sanded the edges and distressed them a little. Then I rubbed in some paste wax, gave it a while to dry and buffed it off. The wax process made all the difference. It made it a little slick and filled in areas that were not all the well painted. Thanks BETH for the idea!
Now that the frames are done i'm searching my photo files for some favorite shots to print... but in the meantime we are having a birthday party for Niguel this weekend and the empty frames didn't look so wonderful. Since I figured it would take me at least another couple weeks to get the photos ready I decided on a Valentines vignette using all my cards from my VALENTINES DAY KIT.
I'll be sure to post again when I finish it up with real photos...
Have a wonderful weekend!